fredag 26 juni 2009

My new server

Ok,

I got it almost a month ago now (my HP ProLiant DL185 G5) along with a "slim" version of rack cabinett (14U, on wheels ;c) which fits almost in my small office room.
And there's the issue; to have a rack server running in the same room as the one your supposed to work in... The NOISE! I mean... it's only fans, no reason to mimic a Boeing jet.. ?!

So, I'm going about to find some good sound proofing and perhaps build yet another case around the cabinett for extra sound reduction. Working from home, I'd prefer not to hear it from nearby rooms (like the living room lying on the other side of the wall). And no, I've not got any better place to put it. The only thing better would be not to have to run it at all (or have a tower server, which I guess would be quiter, but that wouldn't be the same...).

Should add some pictures of it, perhaps next time :c)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar